People assume that just because I’m a small person I’m in great shape. While I am now, that wasn’t always the case. Especially in college when I finally exited the last of my organized activities, I stopped all physical exercise and gained the Freshman 15. I don’t think I actually gained 15lbs, but a lot of muscle turned to mush, and I hated the way I looked and felt.
I eventually started running, doing yoga, and working out semi-regularly. I even ran a marathon! That doesn’t mean it’s not a struggle sometimes! Especially if I fall out of routine, I would much rather stay on the couch, eat some ice cream, and binge-watch my latest obsession on Netflix.
There are a ton of great reasons to work out, but sometimes it’s hard to remember all of them. I’m writing this post because I wanted something to look back on in times like that. They come around all too often, and you forget why you started working out in the first place, or maybe you’re looking for a reason to start.
19 Reasons to Workout Today
- Your health.
- More energy.
- Be more confident.
- Look good naked.
- Get your bikini bod ready. Summer is ALWAYS around the corner.
- You’ll be able to eat more without feeling guilty.
- You’ll eat better. Your body will crave healthier foods.
- You can go to Disney World. In one weekend we took 40k steps which roughly translates to 4 miles. Start training!
- Your dog needs the exercise.
- Clear your mind.
- Get back at your Ex.
- You have a big event coming up.
- It’s never too late to start forming healthy habits.
- Prove that you can learn new tricks.
- …and still do the old ones. Hi, backbend!
- Be happier.
- Alone time.
- Because you can.
- People care about you. Do it for them.
I’ll leave you with one of my favorite quotes: “Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t.” -Elle Woods