It’s my 24 th birthday (and I’m obviously not shy about sharing that fact), but just as cool is its National Drink Wine Day. What a perfect coincidence!
For this post I want to reflect on the last year and all I have learned and accomplished. So, here’s a list of my 24 favorite moments and accomplishments!
- I traveled so much more this year! I love seeing new places and doing new things, but don’t often take the time and money to go, so even a couple new places is a huge feat for me!
- I moved into my new apartment. I have never lived by myself before and to take the leap and live by myself for the first time was huge for me.
- In this leap, I discovered my love of interior decorating.
- I actually reused what I had and DIY’d many pieces in my apartment. My Pinterest was never more active than when I was decorating.
- I managed to live halfway across the country from my parents somewhat successfully.
- I ran my second half marathon!
- I ran my first full marathon!
- I played tennis again! That hasn’t happened since high school, but I was so excited to find a tennis meet up that I could join and play with.
- I was way more active. Going along with #6-8, I maintained my fitness throughout the year much better than I have in the past.
- I met a fantastic guy 🙂
- I made a ton of new friends (many through said guy).
- I have still not missed a Thanksgiving or Christmas with my family.
- I have also managed to successfully tag along on vacations as well!
- I remain in touch with my best friends from childhood. Almost nothing matters more than the people who have been there for you your entire life. Why let a few states get in the way?
- I managed to talk to my parents more now than I did when I lived with them. We’re close.
- I kept another being alive for a year-my dog, Elie! It was her first gotcha day in July, and we had a fantastic first year together.
- I did so well with the above, I decided I needed another one.
- Money management: I got my first credit card with a large credit limit, which was incredibly daunting at the time. I’m happy to announce that I have managed it responsibly, if I do day so myself!
- I decided on a career path. Weirdly enough, I circled back to my college major and decided to focus a career in Marketing.
- I read more. On planes, by the pool, I am thrilled to realize that I have read many more books this year than possible in the last four combined.
- I started this blog!
- Not only did I start this blog, I am consistently posting and fully committed to it, which was my biggest problem in the past.
- I got over my fear of going places alone.
- I continued to follow my dreams of this blog and business.