We’ve all experienced it at some point: writer’s block. When you have your laptop open and your coffee or wine glass is full, but no words are coming out of you. You have no idea what to say! Writing 3-5 posts/week can take a lot out of you, so it’s natural to feel stuck sometimes. So what happens next? Do you not post? What if it lasts for weeks? Absolutely not an option. I’ve laid out my best tips on how to beat writers block for fashion bloggers.
How to Beat Writer’s Block for Fashion Bloggers
- Put pen to paper (so to speak). I actually do use a physical planner to plan out content topics, so I usually have a good idea of what I’m posting ahead of time. But even if I know the outfit I’m posting, it’s not always easy to crank out 300 words. So the best way to get there is just to start.
- Start with the outfit. I like to choose my photos first and then fill in with words. I can write about the hero piece a bit, then the store, and then other details of the outfit I want to mention. That usually gets me at least a paragraph!
- Talk about YOU. Chances are, your followers like you, and they want to know what is going on in your life! Talk about your week, your day, your plans, your family, anything! The best content you have is your life, and I guarantee it’s more interesting than you think!
- Browse other blogs. I’m going to add a strong disclaimer here. DO NOT COPY. However, seeing what other bloggers are talking about can spark your own ideas, just make sure they actually are your own ideas!
- Keep a list. I keep an ever-growing list in my notes app on my phone of topics for my Friday Blogging Tips series. This series is my favorite to write about, but also my biggest challenge since I’m still a newer blogger.
- Ask your audience. When I started this series I needed to know if it was something people wanted to read, and what they wanted to read. So, I asked, and people responded!
Writer’s Block is completely mental and the hardest thing to do when you have it is start, but if you just write something you’ll find a story, and generate an amazing post out of it!