When I went to get my hair done last week, I was telling my hairstylist, Brittany about my new wand. I asked her for some tips on how to use a curling wand, since I had only used a curling iron previously. I’m loving my new wand, and using Brittany’s curling wand tips daily with my T3 Micro Convertible Collection (c/o).
I’ve talked many times about my hair being one of my favorite features. It really gives me confidence when I have a good hair day, and I love trying out new styles. But really, it isn’t my hair that gives me confidence, it comes from within. So I was thrilled when T3 Micro asked me to be a part of their #PowerWithin Campaign!
How to use a Curling Wand
- Take sections of hair the same size as the barrel. For example, if your barrel is 1in, section your hair in 1in sections.
- Start at the top of the section and wrap it around the wand.
- Leave 1in at the top and 1 in at the end of your section when you wrap.
- Once the hair is wrapped, turn the curling wand it horizontally to tighten the hair on the wand.
- For more messy waves, switch directions when wrapping your hair away and towards your face.
- Once your hair cools, comb through it with your fingers.
For this look I used the 1in straight barrel. To get looser waves, you can try a larger barrel such as the 1.5 straight barrel, and for curls I suggest the 1in clip barrel attachment (my go-to for daily easy curls), and for looser curls try the 1.25in clip barrel. The beauty of the convertible collection is you can try them all! Buy one base and switch out the top. Shop for your curling wand or convertible collection below!