A few weeks ago I told you about my weekend beauty routine. I realized, though I never went through my actual day-to-day routine. Every day I have a similar morning make-up routine that I’ve perfected over the years. Every once in a while I switch out some products, and that’s why I love boxes like Lilee (c/o). They deliver a box of fun products each month ranging from beauty products, to home or kitchen accessories, or even fashion pieces!
I’ve gotten two boxes, and one was cocktail themed, and I received cocktail napkins, a muddler, mixing spoon, rim sugar, and even bitters! The other on I received was full of beauty products! I’m loving trying out all of these different products! Keep reading to see how I’ve fit them into my morning make-up routine!
My Morning Make-Up Routine
- First thing I do is exfoliate my face with Kaplan MD Cell Renewing Microfoliant (from my Lilee box!) and cleanse with Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads.
- After letting my face dry I apply Better Skin Miracle Cream from my Lilee box which, if you‘ve tried Philosophy’s hope in a jar, it’s very similar. I am obsessed with this miracle cream, plus it’s less expensive.
- After letting the cream set I’ll apply Nip & Fab Vipe Venom Micro Blur primer to my face with my hands,
- Next comes the foundation. A few months ago I went to Sephora and had them do a skin test on me to help me choose my perfect foundation shade. They ask you a series of questions and take an up-close photo of your skin, and a few options pop up. Now, seriously this test is amazing, but definitely test them first! One was way off for the color, but my Laura Mercier Bamboo Beige was perfect, and I’ve used it ever since!
- Blush next comes blush. I am terrible with choosing blush, so I just pick a pink color from the Sephora line and it lasts forever.
- Then comes the fun part: Eye shadow. I use my Naked palette and start with a light base color. Then I choose a middle brown color for the outside, and a shimmer-y gold or peach for my inside corners.
- The next step isn’t pictured, because my eyeliner is about an inch big, but I use a dark green or charcoal color. and Line the top of my lids. I use either MAC or Urban Decay.
- Next is the best part: Mascara! I got Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes mascara in my Lilee box as well, and it’s really good! I do have my old go-tos (YSL Babydoll and Benefit Roller Lash), but I love trying new ones and this is a great every-day-for-work mascara.
- OK I’m terrible at eye brows, but I am learning, and with the Chella pencil and highlighter pencil I got in my Lilee box, I think I’m actually getting better!
- The final touch is my lips! I like a little color, so I use my Bite Beauty pencil and finish it off with my Butter London (from Lilee!) lip gloss!
It is quite a process, but since it’s my daily routine, I got pretty quick with it!