Traveling around the holidays is rough. I should know, last year I had three flights cancelled between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Granted, the first problem was that I missed my original flight home and the return was cancelled, but the other two were weather issues. Living half-way across the country from my family and child-hood friends means lots of trips, especially around this time of year. So, I’ve put together the perfect travel outfit to keep you looking cute and comfortable!
Travel Outfit Recipe
- A comfy top. This Mint Julep tunic (c/o) is absolutely perfect for a plane. We all want to look like Victoria Beckham when we step off a plane, but in reality, I don’t have a privet jet and limited rom in my one carry on for extra outfits to change into. I need to be comfortable and warm, especially in case of a delay!
- No-wrinkle pants. I like to wear jeans on the plane, I just like the idea that I don’t look like i rolled out of bed incase I meet someone interesting. You never know who you’ll see at the airport! Plus people used to dress up to get on planes, the least we can do is brush our hair and not wear pajamas. DL1961 Emma Power Legging Jeans are my absolute favorite. They dont wrinkle, they are stretchy, but not knit, and don’t wrinkle. Basically the best pants for travel.
- Comfortable shoes. OK these Over the Knee Boots are not exactly TSA friendly, but if you Pre-check you’re set, otherwise, wear something you can easily slip on and off!
- A hat. After sitting on an airplane for hours you’ll find that your hair is no longer full of volume and lacking in shine, that’s when I turn to a cute floppy hat!
- A sturdy bag. I actually prefer to not check bags, so I need a solid duffel bag that I can fit all of my things in for my trip. I also prefer it be cute, like this quilted duffel!
Shop my outfit:
Tunic: The Mint Julep Boutique (c/o) | Jeans, DL1961 | OTK Boots, Ivanka Trump, Hat, Nordstrom | Duffel Bag, (old) similar here, here, and here | Necklace, Kate Spade | Lip Crayon, Bite Beauty