This post, How to Sleep When You’re Stressed, is sponsored by Vicks® PURE Zzzs™. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Running in Heels possible.
Life gets stressful from time to time and let me tell you, life is absolutely stressful at this time in my life. Whether it’s work, moving, family, friends, relationships, it happens to all of us. Knowing how to deal with that stress is a major factor in your well-being during that time and how quickly you get through it.
Stress affects people in different ways, so you really need to find what works best for you. I take everything personally, so if something is going wrong at work, or I read too much into a text message, I won’t let it go. I am an Aquarius, and I’m not sure I believe in astrology, but it’s definitely true that I internalize everything and take things way too personally. So I found what works for me, but try out your own routines, and figure out what works for you!
- Turn off your screens. Chances are, your screens are a large part of what is making you stress. Whether it’s the comparison game on social media, emails, the television distracting you, turn it off. You’ll have a much easier chance of falling asleep if you don’t have notifications and movement distracting you.
- Try Vicks® ZzzQuil™ PURE Zzzs™ Melatonin Gummies. One to Two gummies will put you to sleep in about 30 mins from the time you take them. I grab a couple, brush my teeth, and then jump in bed!
- Clean up. I cannot go to bed and fall asleep until I have completed my nighttime beauty routine. I have to have my make up off, teeth brushed, and all steps of my face routine done before getting into bed.
- Try pet therapy. Animals are extremely therapeutic, so I’m going to use my puppies to calm them and myself before bed! My dogs are allowed on the bed so I love having them hop up and lay with me before I fall asleep (if they aren’t fighting)!
- Try Aromatherapy. I started using Vicks® PURE Zzzs Soothing Aromatherapy Balm right before I moved. Before that, I tried candles, pillow spray, lotions, but nothing seems to compare to Vicks. Rub the aromatherapy balm on your chest and massage into your temples and shoulders for a relaxing feeling. Then lay back and enjoy the scent until you fall asleep!
Many people will recommend you read a book, but that doesn’t work for me. I love to read, but I get a little to far into the story I used to read every night before bed, but it got so bad that it was actually worse than my phone because I’d stay up later reading that I was on Instagram! These tips are really simple, but have made a big difference in my sleeping habits while I’m stressed out, especially during the move! I have more energy during the day and more motivation to solve what is stressing me out.
*THIS STATEMENT HAS NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.*
Shop my night-time look:
Norma Kamali Double Breasted Trench Coat
Dazibao Zebra Trench Coat at Shopbop
Get the Look
Fringe Back Trench Coat style
Aline Jacket style
Redux Grunge Full Length Trench Coat by Marc ...