Is Social Media Worth It?

Is Social Media Worth It?

It’s just not worth it. How is that a job? They pay you to sit on Twitter all day? So do you just post to Facebook and that’s it? Is social media worth it?

I’ve heard it all. I find myself defending my profession every time I’m introduced to someone new. When people find out I do social media for a living, I’m written off because social media is not a profession that is easily understood. However, let me ask you this: If you met an aerospace engineer would you write them off because you didn’t understand their work? I’m asking for the same courtesy.

Why is it that what we do defines who we are so much? I’m happy with what I’ve done and proud of what I’ve built both in the workplace and on runninginheelsblog.com. It has been SO worth it for me, and I believe the businesses I work with at my 9-5 agree.┬áSo yes, social media is worth it.

Social media is just a more personal form of marketing. It connects brands to people, people to people, and information to people. All of which are vital to running a business. Building relationships with past and future customers gives you greater chance for purchase in the future. “74% of consumers rely of social networks to guide their purchase decisions.89% of messages to brands go ignored, if you respond, you’re better than that 89% because you are making that connection. This absolutely goes for bloggers too. So yes, it’s worth it. Social media should be built in to every business’s marketing plans and goals, and success doesn’t have to be determined based on your follower number, but the relationships you build and connections you keep which create repeat customers.

Related: I’m adding to my team! If you’re a social media lover in the Dallas area, email me with your resume! kasey.goedeker@vitalstorm.com.

Is Social Media Worth It?

Is Social Media Worth It?

Is Social Media Worth It?

 

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

Leave a Comment

15 Comments

  1. Kristen wrote:

    I could’t agree more! There is SO much value in taking time cultivating your social media and relationships! You also look so beautiful in that blue dress!

    xoxo
    Kristen
    http://www.everychicway.com

    Posted 8.16.17 Reply
  2. Amy M Loochtan wrote:

    This dress is so cute!

    Posted 8.16.17 Reply
  3. This is absolutely stunning! I totally need that dress!

    Posted 8.16.17 Reply
  4. MCKENNA wrote:

    This dress is just adorable! And you are so right, so many people STILL do not understand social media! It’s crazy!

    McKenna
    stylewaltz.com

    Posted 8.16.17 Reply
  5. Kim wrote:

    Social Media is such an important thing for brands and bloggers! This dress is adorable and I love the ruffles on it.

    xoxo,
    Kim

    Posted 8.16.17 Reply
  6. emily wrote:

    I totally agree girl! Social media is a huge thing for brands (and not only bloggers!)

    Posted 8.16.17 Reply
  7. Madeline wrote:

    That dress on you! So fun and flirty!

    Posted 8.17.17 Reply
  8. April wrote:

    Such a good read! For bloggers and brands, social media is HUGE. Learning to use it to your blogs advantage is so important!

    April | http://www.thebluehydrangeas.com

    Posted 8.17.17 Reply
  9. Jaime wrote:

    Yasss girl, preach!! People just don’t get it. They don’t get how people can make a living off social media or blogging. ps, love loveeee your heels!! They’re gorgeous!!

    Posted 8.18.17 Reply
  10. Ashley Hargrove wrote:

    I always hate to say what I do when people ask… I always have to preface my wardrobe styling company with, Oh, well i used to be an architect.. No one takes wardrobe styling seriously and I feel like when you say blogging it’s even worse! Super annoying.

    Posted 8.19.17 Reply
  11. Stephanie wrote:

    I love this post! I feel like I need to refer people back to it whenever they ask me about my job haha! Love your dress too!

    Posted 8.19.17 Reply
  12. Nataly wrote:

    I love this post! This dress is so pretty! Might need it for my trip to Cali!

    Posted 8.20.17 Reply
  13. Kristina wrote:

    Such a cute dress- love the ruffles on the front!

    xo, Kristina

    Posted 8.20.17 Reply
  14. Definitely, agree, I managed social media accounts for years (including my own) and the investment of time (and $) is totally worth it!

    Birdie Shoots

    Posted 8.22.17 Reply
  15. Chloe wrote:

    LOVING this dress!!! So so cute!!

    Posted 8.22.17 Reply