Happy hump day! It has warmed up here in Dallas, and I definitely can’t keep up with the weather and neither can my allergies! I’m living in a constant state of allergy season that I really wish would end! Since it’s still colder around the country and we all can’t have 40 degree
mood weather swings, I’m posting this look Nataly and I shot a couple of weeks ago! I remember wearing turtleneck sweaters as a child, and I’ve been having trouble transitioning them to adulthood! However, I saw this one and decided to give the trend a go, and I seriously love it. It’s cozy and warm (you know, for when it’s actually winter here) and the distressed look adds a good updated flare that my childhood versions were missing. Paired with this lace-up mini (because you know I’m loving the lace up trend now!) and these printed tights, I feel like I really updated the turtleneck sweaters since middle school! What are trends that you guys wore when you were younger that are hard for you to try again?
I mentioned before that I’m not a fan of New Year’s resolutions. However, I think it’s important to set goals for ourself throughout the year. So, I wanted to talk about some ongoing goals I’ve been working towards.
- I post blogs pretty regularly, but my planning skills are seriously lacking. I really want to create monthly calendars to keep track of posts, holidays, and partnerships. My biggest issue with doing so is, that’s what I do all day for other people! It’s so hard coming home doing the same thing I did all day, I’m sure you can all relate to that!
- Being a morning person. I have absolutely no motivation to get out of bed in the morning. An alarm clock means literally nothing to me. It’s weird because I love my job, I have plenty to do with Running in Heels, and dogs that can always use more loving, so I have no idea what the issue is. Believe me I have read every article and blog post on “How to become a morning person” out there, and none have helped. So, advice is totally welcomed and encouraged in the comments!
- This kind of goes with #1, but I’d love to start planning my blog partnerships better as well. I want to start reaching out to more companies and be more in control of my content and when it is scheduled!
- I have an amazing dog park in my apartment complex, but with that I’ve gotten lazy with walking my dogs, convincing myself that they love playing with the other pups. Actually, they do, but that’s no replacement for spending time with me walking and working on training, not to mention my steps have gone down so far it’s like I barely move during the day!
- Which brings me to my last goal, getting back into a workout schedule. Last year I completed 2 half marathons and 1 full marathon in 6 months and really burnt out with running. So, I’ve taken a break and doing other things that have slowly fizzled out and turned into not working out at all in over the holidays. Now, I’m determined to get back in shape and on a regular work-out schedule!
What are your 2017 Goals? I’d love to hear them in the comments below! Also, would love some tips on my goals as well! You can shop my look below, and these linked turtleneck sweaters, including mine, are 50% off & now under $35!